We have an exciting opportunity for an Oracle Database Developer to join our team. As a trusted Oracle Database Developer, you will work with our client to provide highly innovated solutions. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develop strategy and leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects the affect the organizations long term goals and objectives
Researches, designs, develops, configures, integrates, tests and maintains existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, coding of modifications or new program, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, infrastructure, and information systems including database management systems. Work within the Information Technology function obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Provides required documentation and participates in architecture reviews to ensure that the solutions comply with standards and use approved technologies.
- 5+ years’ experience developing Oracle database environment
- Database Design and Automation:
- Install and support various database software platforms, included but not limited to Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL.
- Conceptually design databases using various entity relationship methodologies to demonstrate the highest normal form practicable.
- Understand and be able to implement SQL and No SQL databases, depending on the best implementation to achieve the objectives of the group.
- Development and Automation:
- Develop front end database user interfaces that connect with various levels of automation to the back end database.
- Writing SQL queries, PL/SQL, stored procedures and triggers that allow for data alerts, updates and/or data integrity within the database.
- Develop and write scripts for data extraction, transformation, and loading into the main production group database using various development tools from different database technologies including Java Frameworks, Java APIs and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Database Backup and Replication
- Reporting and Documentation
- Proficiency in RAC, Dataguard, and ASM
- Familiarity with RMAN
- Oracle certification
- Proven ability to develop and maintain documentation
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 12 years of related experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience.